Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Chick and the Duckling by Mirra Ginsburg

Naomi's first bookreportThe Chick and the Duckling are about a chick and a duckling. They are both hatched from an egg. The duckling says "I am going for a walk" the chick says "me too". The duckling said "I am digging a hole". "Me too" said the chick. The chick keeps copying the duckling and the duckling got annoyed. So the duckling decided to go for a swim, but he knew that chicks could not swim. But, the chick went with him and he almost drowned. The duckling came to the recue and he swam back up with the chick. The duckling wanted to go back for a swim, but the chick said "Not me". I liked this story because it was funny.

THE END

3 comments:

  1. Dear Naomi,


    What a great book report! It makes me want to read the book. Maybe you could read the book to me the next time I come over to your house. Also, don't forget I'm really looking forward to hearing you play the piano for me again when I come over and I want to see what you have learned in ballet too! I miss you and Freja already and hope that we can go to the movies soon. Have Mom keep looking at the movie schedule in the paper and when a good one comes to the show, we'll go see it. See you soon.


    Love to you and Freja and Mom and Dad too!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naomi

    VERY nice book report!! Thank you for sharing it with me.
    I hope you are having a great day!
    Miss you and love you
    Auntie Brenda

    P.S. Abby says "hi"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly,


    Please apologize to Naomi. Your headline to the email, referring to Freja, threw me. I missed your opening line, referring to Naomi. So please tell Naomi that if this is her very first book report, she is REALLY, TRULY a good writer. And she really DID make me smile. Please give her a very big hug from me.


    Love to you all,


    Den

    ReplyDelete